Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Long time, eh?

Yeah, I had this moment of rediscovery when I realized I still had this blog. A little change here, a little new background there and this old forgotten blog will look like I did it on purpose. (All over again...)

Too much senseless ramblings? My apologies.

Moving onto goodies :D

Alright, I made a Youtube video of what I'm going to say next, but I wanted to write it out to explain a little more because although we live in the modern era of 2010, some of us are baffled, yes, baffled, at how to use printable coupons.

Walgreen's is having a 40% off sale this week from Sunday December 5th, to Saturday December 11th. AND if your a smart savvy shopper who never likes paying bookoo buckaroos for drugstore makeup, pull up a chair and be in awe because you can download real coupons. Try $2 dollars off 1 item, coupons.

(insert WOWing green aliens from Pizza Planet)

First off, it's legitimate to download and print coupons on your own computer. Yes, you need to download the coupon application to your computer, and no, I haven't seen any Trojans or computer malfunctions afterwards. I trust, Coupons.com and redplum.com...because 1 Redplum is a flier of coupons you get in your newspaper every Sunday and Coupons.com has never led me astray. I have been doing it ever since I found Stephanie Nealson's Youtube channel when she explained how it worked.

Her saving's method is simple. Sale item + Coupon = more savings. Now sometimes you can find a sale item + a manufactures coupon + a store coupon = more better savings...but that's for another day.

SOOO....

Sunday I went and here is what I bought:
2 limited edition Colorsensational lipsticks each are normally $7.49
with the 40% off they are reduced to $4.49 (not bad..)
with my Maybelline 2 dollar off any colorsensational lip product : $2.49 (nice! :)

I got one colorsensational lip liner in Toast which is normally 6.29 (egad)
with the 40% off its reduced to a whopping $3.77
plus the 2 dollar off any colorsensational lip product : $1.77 (much much better thank you)

then I got two maybelline marbled eye shadow duos in Khaki Craze and Bronze Blowout. Each retail $6.99.
With the 40% off sale they are reduced to $4.19
then with my $2 eye studio coupon they are just: $2.19 each.


All together then:
If I had been unwise and paid for these things without sales and coupons the total would be: $35.25 (this is also without sales tax too)
If I had just bought these items during the 40% off sale without a coupon the total would be: $22.13
Right there that is a savings of $13.12
Now with the 40% sale and 2 dollar coupons I paid: $11.13.

Yep 11.13 for 5 products. These things weren't on clearance, these things were worth taking advantage of that's what! So do yourself a favor, check out these links below, download the coupon printing software, make sure your printer is on and have some scissors handy because honey, you will save $$$ when you make your money work as hard as you do. :D

Walgreens has 40% off Maybelline
Redplum
$2 dollars off any ONE eye studio product

FYI: This shouldn't be a downer, but I must tell you, most of these sites, like redplum.com and coupons.com will only allow you to print 2 times of the same coupon. Don't forge these coupons by scanning your printed ones and copying and printing again (Don't Don't Don't) ---what you can do is find another computer with a different printer hook up and print up to 2 more again.

Take care!
-BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers